Cohen Elementary School Counseling
My name is Krissy McNamara and I work in the Cohen Elementary and Cohen Middle Schools as the School Counselor. I am very excited to work with you and your students! If you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year in which I may support your child, please do not hesitate to contact me.
If you're unsure about what a counselor does, here are some highlights.
What does a School Counselor do?
I can help with:
- Social Skills and Friendship/Peer Issues
- Goal setting and decision making
- Individual and small group counseling
- Communication, problem-solving, and conflict resolution
- Transitioning from Elementary to Middle School
- Personal Problems
- Crisis Situations
- Connecting to other resources
- Referrals to community mental health counseling
How does my child get to see the counselor?
- Teacher, parent, principal, dean, or student request
- Parents/Guardians - feel free to call (734-7132) or email me email@example.com
When does my child need to see the counselor?
- To share good news....
- When having problems with a friend, home, etc. that may be difficult to cope with
- When a problem is making it hard to focus in the classroom
- Academic questions or concerns
Cohen Elementary School
100 Robinwood Ave.
Elmira Heights, NY 14903