My name is Alyssa Hoobler and I work in the Cohen Middle School as the School Counselor. I am very excited to work with you and your students! If you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year in which I may support your child, please do not hesitate to contact me.
If you're unsure about what a counselor does, here are some highlights.
What does a School Counselor do?
I can help with:
- Personal/Social Issues
- Goal setting and decision making
- Academic Concerns/Issues
- Individual and small group counseling
- Communication, problem-solving, and conflict resolution
- Transitioning from Middle to High School
- Personal Problems
- Crisis Situations
- Connecting to other resources
- Referrals to community mental health counseling
How does my child get to see the counselor?
- Teacher, parent, principal, dean, or student request
- Parents/Guardians - feel free to call (734-5078) or email me firstname.lastname@example.org
When does my child need to see the counselor?
- To share good news....
- When having problems with a friend, home, etc. that may be difficult to cope with
- When a problem is making it hard to focus in the classroom
- Academic questions or concerns
School Counselor activities in Middle School
- College Visits
- Local Business Tours
- Mad City Money (Corning Credit Union)
- BOCES Tech Programs visit
- Edison School tour
- And many more